- 1kg Goolwa Pipis
- 2 whole sweetcorn, remove from cob
- 2 shallots, finely sliced
- 3 whole long red chilli, slice into long strips
- 100ml Fino sherry
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Pinch black pepper
- 1/2 bunch coriander, roughly chop
IMPORTANT: If using FROZEN Goolwa Pipis then thaw in the refrigerator overnight before cooking.
- In a heavy based saucepan, add olive over medium heat, add corn, shallots and chilli, lightly sweat for 1 minute or so.
- Add pipis, stir gently to evenly combine all ingredients then cover with a tight lid for 1 minute and turn up heat to high.
- After 1 minute of high heat, add sherry, then cook for a couple of minutes with lid on, stirring occasionally.
- When 80% of pippies have opened, remove from heat, stir in black pepper and coriander and serve.
(David Swain, Executive Chef)