Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 10 Minutes
Total Time: 20 Minutes
- 1 400g Live & Fresh Goolwa PipiCo Pipis and juice from the pack
- 200ml fish stock
- 150ml ‘nduja sauce
- Chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- Pinch of salt
- 500g good quality passata
- 70g ‘Nduja
- In a large pan, heat olive oil over medium heat until shimmering. Add shallots, season lightly with salt, and cook, frequently stirring with a wooden spoon, until shallots are softened but not browned.
- Add passata, bring to a simmer, season lightly with salt, and cook, occasionally stirring, until the sauce thickens.
- Add ‘nduja, and use a wooden spoon to break it up and stir it into the sauce.
- Heat saucepan, add pipis and fish stock.
- Cover with a lid and shake for approximately 4 minutes or until pipis pop open.
- Strain and reserve the liquid.
- Return the saucepan to heat and add reserved cooking liquid – you may not need all the liquid.
- Bring to a simmer.
- Whisk in the ‘nduja sauce and simmer for 1 minute.
- Stir in pipis and chopped parsley.