- 250g good quality pasta
- 60ml (1/4 cup) Lucia’s olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, finely sliced
- 1 fresh chilli, finely chopped or 1/2 teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- 500g Goolwa Pipis (vongole)
- 125ml (1/2 cup) white wine
- 500ml Lucia’s Tomato and Basil sauce
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Sea salt
IMPORTANT: If using FROZEN Goolwa Pipis then thaw in the refrigerator overnight before cooking.
- Cook the pasta in a large saucepan of rapidly boiling, salted water, until al dente.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat the olive oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add the garlic and chilli and cook gently for 1 minute. Add the vongole and white wine for 3 minutes, or until the vongole open. Cover frying pan with lid to help the vongole open.
- Simmer the Lucia’s Tomato and Basil sauce in a separate pan and when bubbling, add to the open vongole in the frying pan. Remove frying pan from heat.
- To serve, drain the pasta and add to the frying pain. Sprinkle pasta and vongole with the parsley. Gently toss to combine, then season with salt and pepper, to taste.