Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 10 Minutes
Total Time: 20 Minutes
- 1kg Goolwa pipis
- 100g diced cod, heavily salt for 5 minutes then wash off and pat dry. Alternatively, you can use 24 hour soaked salt cod.
- 6 cloves of garlic, diced
- ½ teaspoon of espelette pepper, or good dried chili
- 3 tablespoons of quality olive oil
- 1 handful of parsley, chopped
- 1 squeeze of a lemon half
- Crusty bread
- Bring your saucepan to a medium heat.
- Add olive oil, then the garlic. Once it starts to golden, add your chili, parsley and cod. Stir the cod, this will break it up a little but that’s fine.
- Add your pipis and stir. Turn up the heat to full and put a lid on.
- Cook until the pipis open. This will only take a couple of minutes.
- Shake the pan to emulsify the sauce with a good squeeze of lemon
- Serve with crusty bread.